Thursday, December 16, 2004

Wife Swap Sues Trading Spouses

The producers of Wife Swap are suing Fox, claiming that the show Trading Spouses is a blantant rip-off. Come on, guys! That's like the word "crap" suing the word "dung". Modern TV is filled with rip-offs, that's just how it goes. Get over it. There haven't been many original ideas in the past 20 years or so, and I really wouldn't want to take credit for a show about swapping wives. I don't care how much money I could make off of it, I'd kick my own arse before I'd peddle that garbage.

1 comment:

Michael M. Davis said...

Actually, ABC has a solid case on this one. Both ABC and Fox bidded for the American rights to the original BBC show "Wife Swap", and ABC put in the highest bid. Not to be outdone, Fox side-stepped the bidding process and rushed to produce their own version before ABC could get theirs on the air. I'd side with ABC...well, that is if I thought there were any merit to the "intellectual" rights to this property.