Sunday, February 03, 2008

Hillary Clinton: Abuser of Earmarks

Mike D. sent me this brilliant article. Unfortunately it won't be taken seriously enough because this guy wrote a book about Obama. This will be seen as just another political ad, for the most part. Keep in mind 2 other things as well: earmarks are not as "sexy" of an issue for the mainstream media as race & sex and many of the corporations that benefit from earmarks have their hands in the major media outlets.

Barack Obama runs the type of campaign that the glass-half-full part of me would run. He seems to believe that Americans have common sense and are apt to draw conclusions based on their higher nature.

Hillary Clinton runs the type of campaign my cynical side would run: ends justify the means. Drawing from your lower nature to accomplish goals your higher nature have set before you. Do I have to sell my soul to get universal healthcare? Ok.

I'm not saying this is good versus evil, by the way. It's not that simple. In the end, it's about what each voter wants for themselves and whether or not those desires actually manifest themselves through the democratic political process.

Or I could be wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-k-wilson/clinton-by-far-worst-abus_b_84102.html

No comments: